Relive the Taste of Summer with Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Nothing’s better during the winter months than enjoying a delicious meal that’s filled with the taste of summer! This easy-to-make, guilt-free family favorite has no cream, sugar, or any unnecessary additives and will still give you that scrumptious, comfort food sensation needed to survive the winter season.
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 drops Basil Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Thyme Vitality essential oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the halved tomatoes in a medium bowl then pour 1/4 cup olive oil and salt over them and stir to combine.
- Spread the tomatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After roasting, remove the tomatoes from the oven and set aside.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onions and sauté until they start to brown, about eight minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for one additional minute.
- Add the roasted tomatoes (including any liquid from the baking sheet), red pepper flakes, canned tomatoes with their juice, fresh basil leaves, and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Stir the Vitality essential oils into the soup and let cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender until smooth or use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Adjust your seasonings to taste, serve warm, and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite recipes to stay warm during the winter? Share with us in the comments!
Become a wholesale member today and purchase a premium starter kit and save 24% on all your Vitality Essential Oils!
Young Living Independent Distributor
Shared from Young Living Blog